Toyota Highlander XLE Hybrid | SUV | Crossover | Dealership Near you | Specifications | Models | New | Used | Price | For sale | Specs | Reviews || – Highlander Hybrid’s bold design is hard to ignore. Its chiseled shape and contoured lines display the perfect balance between power and refinement. Whether you are driving around town or venturing out to see what nature has to offer, Highlander Hybrid has up to an EPA-estimated 36 mpg combined to give you the freedom to do both. It has available two powertrains to be match your needs, Front Wheel Drive (FWD) delivers intelligent capability, Whiles All Wheel Drive (AWD) provides extra traction.
FWD 2.5L 4-Cyl. ECVT Hybrid
$41,210 starting msrp
Hybrid powertrain—2.5-Liter L4HV Double Overhead Cam (DOHC) 24-Valve D-4S Injection Atkinson Cycle Engine with Dual VVT-iE (Variable Valve Timing-Intelligent, intake controlled by electric motor); combined net hp 243, includes combustion engine with 186 hp @ 6000 rpm; 175 lb.-ft. @4400 rpm
Front-Wheel Drive (FWD).
Electronically controlled Continuously Variable Transmission (ECVT) with sequential shift mode.
Independent MacPherson strut front suspension with stabilizer bar; trailing-wishbone suspension.
- Electric Power Steering (EPS); power-assisted rack-and-pinion.
- Turning radius (ft.) => 18.7
- Turning diameter (ft.) => 37.4
- Super Ultra Low Emission Vehicle 30 (SULEV 30).
- Permanent magnet synchronous motors (two front; FWD).
Battery type: sealed Nickel Metal Hydride (Ni-MH).
Power-assisted ventilated 13.3-in. front disc brakes; solid 13.3-in. rear disc brakes with Electronically Controlled Braking (ECB) system, integrated regenerative braking and Star Safety System.
- Smart Key System on front doors and liftgate with Push Button Start, remote keyless entry system with lock, unlock, panic and liftgate functions; remote illuminated entry.
- Color-keyed heated power outside mirrors with turn signal and blind spot warning indicators, and manual folding feature.
- LED projector headlights with LED-strip Daytime Running Lights (DRL).
- LED fog lights.
- LED taillights.
- Washer-linked variable intermittent windshield wipers and intermittent rear wiper.
- Windshield wiper deicer.
- Rear liftgate windshield defogger.
- Rear liftgate windshield washer and backup camera washer.
- High Solar Energy-Absorbing (HSEA) glass on front side windows.
- Privacy glass on rear side, quarter and liftgate windows.
- 18-in. machined-finish alloy wheels and P235/65R18 tires.
- Front grille in material black with silver paint surround.
- Grille shutters.
- Rear lower bumper in black finish.
- Color-keyed side rocker panels and lower molding.
- Color-keyed outside door handles.
- Rear spoiler with LED center high-mount stop light.
- A-pillar in black low-gloss film.
- Height-adjustable power liftgate with jam protection.
- Power tilt/slide moonroof with sunshade and one-touch open/close with jam protection.
- Roof rails.
- Power windows with auto up/down in all positions and jam protection.
- Three-zone automatic climate control with air filter, separate second-row control panel, individual temperature settings for driver, front passenger and rear-seat passengers, and second- and third-row vents.
- Chrome interior door handles.
- Power door locks with shift-linked automatic lock/unlock feature.
- Soft-touch roll-top center console (15L) with removable utility tray.
- Qi-compatible wireless smartphone charging with charge indicator light.
- Soft-touch in-dash split-level shelf.
- Eight cup holders and four bottle holders.
- Dual sun visors with sliding function and illuminated vanity mirrors.
- Overhead console with conversation mirror, sunglasses storage and maplights.
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink universal transceiver.
- SofTex-trimmed front- and second-row seats; heated front seats; 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat including power lumbar support; 4-way power-adjustable front passenger seat.
- 7-passenger seating with second-row fold-down captain’s chairs and fold-down inboard armrests, adjustable headrests and two cup holders mounted on the floor; and 60/40 split, fold-flat third-row seats with sliding headrests and recline function.
- Second-row sunshades.
- Leather-trimmed shift knob and tilt/telescopic leather steering wheel with audio, Multi-Information Display (MID), Bluetooth hands free-phone, voice command, Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC), Lane Departure Alert (LDA), Lane Steering Assist (LSA) and multimedia information controls.
- 7-in. color LCD Multi-Information Display (MID) in meter cluster with odometer, current/average fuel economy, cruising range, average speed, AWD torque distribution (AWD gas models only), cruise control guide, audio status, hands-free incoming call notices, telephone information, ECO Driving Indicator, and energy monitor (HV models only).
- Integrated backup camera with projected path.
- Five USB ports and two 12V outlets.
- Painted door, console and dashboard trim.
- Six tie-down cargo hooks.
- Front- and second-row-seat reading lights.
- Digital clock.
Audio Plus—includes 8.0-in. touchscreen, six speakers, USB media port, four USB charge ports, hands-free phone capability and music streaming via Bluetooth wireless technology, Android Auto & Apple CarPlay & Amazon Alexa compatible, SiriusXM with 3-month All Access trial subscription. Connected Services—Safety Connect with 1-year trial, Service Connect with 10-year trial, Remote Connect with 1-year trial, Wi-Fi Connect with up to 2 GB within 3-month trial.
- Toyota Safety Sense 2.5+ (TSS 2.5+).
- Star Safety System —includes Enhanced Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology (SST).
- Eight airbags (driver airbag, front passenger airbag, knee airbag (driver), seat cushion airbag (passenger), front side airbags, curtain shield airbags).
- Safety Connect —includes Emergency Assistance, Stolen Vehicle Locator, Roadside Assistance and Automatic Collision Notification. Available by subscription. Complimentary one-year trial subscription.
- 3-point seatbelts for all seating positions; driver’s-side Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) and Automatic/Emergency Locking Retractor (ALR/ELR) on all passenger seatbelts.
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) includes lower anchors and tethers on outboard second-row seats and tether anchor on middle of second- and third-row seats.
- Child-protector rear door locks.
- Driver and front passenger seatbelt warning.
- Rear passenger seatbelt reminder.
- Rear-seat reminder.
- Adjustable front seatbelt shoulder anchors and driver and front passenger seatbelt pretensioners with force limiters.
- Engine immobilizer alarm.
- Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS) (individual tires).
- Snow Mode + Drive Mode Select (ECO, Normal, Sport).
- Hill Start Assist Control (HAC).
- Front and Rear Parking Assist with Automatic Braking (PA w/AB).
Exterior Dimensions (in.)
- Overall height (No antanna) => 68.1
- Overall width => 76.0
- Overall length => 194.9
- Wheelbase => 112.2
- Track (front/rear) => 65.3/65.4
Interior Dimensions,(front/second-row/third-row seats) (in.)
- Head room => 39.6/39.4/36.1
- Shoulder room => 59.0/58.4/55.0
- Hip room => 57.2/57.0/45.6
- Leg room => 42.0/41.0/27.7
- Approach/departure angle (degrees) => 18.1/22.7
- Ramp breakover angle =>16.7.
- Ground clearance (in.) => 8.
- Curb weight (lb.) => 4365.
- Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) (lb.) => 5960.
- Fuel tank (gal.) => 17.1.
- Seat Capacity => 7/8.
Wheels / Tires
Basic Warranty => 36 months/36,000 miles.
Powertrain => 60 months/60,000 miles.
Corrosion Perforation => 60 months/unlimited miles.
Restraint Systems => 60 months/60,000 miles.
Hybrid System => 96 months/100,000 miles.
Hybrid Battery => 120 months/150,000 miles.