Toyota pioneered the crossover/SUV sector with the first RAV4 (Recreational Active Vehicle, 4WD) in 1996. This 2015 Toyota RAV4 has increased handling and gets more miles per gallon of gas than previous models. more vehicle in the latest styling. In contrast to its predecessor, the RAV4 is even more oriented. The optional third row of seating, as well as the V6 engine, are no longer available. The 2015 Toyota RAV4 is no longer a four cylinder five-seater.
Obviously, the existing 2.5-liter 4-cylinder has all normal high-tech hardware from Toyota, including four valves per cylinder with variable timing on the valve and exhaust sides (VVT-i, in Toyota-speak). It has 176 horsepower and 172 pound-feet of torque. It is connected to a six-speed automatic transmission, with the top two cogs being overdrive gears to help fuel economy.
The EPA scores for City/Highway are 24/31 mpg and 22/29 mpg and all-road driving, a 10 percent increase over 2012 and older models. Their proportion is about 10% better.
The most recent styling is more car-like than truck-like. It was adjusted to make you feel more excited. The replacement wheel is no longer stored under a trunk floor on the tailgate but in a normal position.
The fourth-generation interior has also been updated, with a SofTex leather band extending the length of the dash. Although the feel isn’t necessarily luxurious, it holds its own against the market, and the luxury is outstanding.
The fourth-generation RAV4 is a good move forward in terms of handling on the highway. It has a much stiffer and more grounded feel than before. The steering is a bit fibrous, but the braking is outstanding. Despite the advances, the car appears to struggle to engage the driver. Overall, the 2013-14 RAV4 is a solid improvement over the outgoing model.
MODELS OF 2015 TOYOTA RAV4
The 2015 Toyota RAV4 comes in three models: LE, XLE and Limited. All three are available with front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive.
Air conditioning, cruise control, fabric-trimmed six-way flexible driver’s seat, four-way front-passenger seat, remote keyless access, day/night rearview mirror, and Eco and Sport mode transmission programs are available on the RAV4 LE ($23,550) and LE AWD ($24,950). 2015 Toyota Rav4’s Entuned Audio kit provides much of the same features as the 2013 edition (6.1-inch touch-screen AM/FM/CD audio with MP3/WMA playback, six speakers, auxiliary socket, USB port with iPod compatibility, Bluetooth with phonebook connection and music streaming, incorporated backup camera), but it also includes improved voice control.
RAV4 XLE ($25,000) and XLE AWD ($26,400) upgrade with dual-zone climate control, premium fabric seats with sport bolstering and French stitching, power tilt/slide moonroof with sunshade, dual sun visor extensions, roof rails, power heated outside mirrors with integrated turn signal, chrome accented grille with silver highlighted lower grille, fog lights, and 17-inch alloy wheels. New for 2014 is entuned Audio Plus, which includes all the entuned Audio features listed above and adds HD Radio with iTunes tagging, HD Traffic and Weather (metro areas only), and SiriusXM Radio (with 90-day trial subscription).
RAV4 Limited ($28,320) and Limited AWD ($29,720) add Softex trimmed eight-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with French stitching and sport bolstering, leather-trimmed steering wheel, leather trimmed shifter lever, Softex covered armrest and console box, push button start, power liftgate, and 18-inch alloy wheels. Again, the audio setup is new for 2014; called entuned Premium Audio, it incorporates all features of entuned Audio Plus and adds navigation and the entuned App Suite, which includes Bing, iHeartRadio, MovieTickets.com, OpenTable, Yelp, Facebook Places, Pandora, and other smart-phone-type functions.
Options include entuned Audio Plus for LE, and entuned Premium Audio with navigation and App Suite for XLE. Limited buyers can step up to an 11-speaker JBL Green Edge system with all entuned Premium functions. Also exclusive to Limited is a Technology Package that includes a blind spot monitor with rear cross traffic alert, lane departure alert and auto high beam.
Safety equipment on all models includes stability control, traction control, anti-lock brakes, electronic brake-force distribution, brake assist, eight airbags (driver and front passenger, driver knee, front passenger seat cushion, driver and passenger side, front and second row side curtain), seatbelt pre-tensioners, LATCH anchors on second row, whiplash injury lessoning seats, and a tire pressure monitor system. The standard rearview camera can help the driver spot a child behind the car when backing up. Optional all-wheel drive can improve handling stability in slippery conditions. The optional Blind Spot Monitor operates by detecting vehicles in adjacent lanes and alerting the driver using indicators on the side mirrors. When backing up, rear cross-traffic alert senses vehicles approaching from either direction and provides an audible warning combined with flashing indicators in the outside mirrors.
2015 TOYOTA RAV4 SAFETY
- Anti-Lock Brakes => 4-wheel ABS brakes
- Brake Assist => Brake assist
- Brake Type => 4-wheel disc
- Child Seat Anchor => Child seat anchors
- Child-proof Locks => Child Protector Rear Door Locks
- Driver Airbag => Driver side airbag
- Electronic brake force distribution => Available
- Front Seat Belts => pre-tensioner
- Ignition Disable => Engine immobilizer
- Knee Airbags => Driver-side knee airbag
- Passenger Airbag => Passenger side airbag
- Rear View Camera => Rear view camera
- Roof Side Curtain => Side-curtain airbags
- Side Airbag => Front seat-mounted side airbags
- Driving Lights => Daytime Running Lights
- Exterior Folding Mirrors => Manual folding exterior mirrors
- Exterior Mirror Color => Color-keyed mirrors
- Exterior Mirrors Lamp => Exteriors mirrors with Integrated Signal Lamps
- Headlight Type => Halogen headlights
- Head lights Auto Off => Automatic Headlamp Cancel Function
- Heated Exterior Mirrors => Yes
- Mudguard => Front and rear splash guards
- Power Exterior Mirrors => Power-adjustable outside mirrors with integrated turn signals
- Privacy Glass (option) => Yes
- Rear Spoiler => Yes
- Rear Window Defroster => Yes
- Roof Rack (option) => Silver Painted Roof rails
- Tinted Glass => High solar energy absorbing window glass
- Clock => Digital clock
- Floor Console => Front center console
- Floor Covering => Carpet floor covering
- Floor Mats => Carpet floor mats
- Folding Rear Seats => 60/40 rear fold down bench
- Front Seats Active Headrests => Available
- Front Seats Driver Height => Height-adjustable driver’s seat
- Front Seats Back Storage => Front seat back pockets
- Front Seats Front Seat Type => Front bucket seats
- Front Seats Heated (option) => Heated front seats
- Instrumentation Type => Digital and analog instrumentation with Eco Drive Monitor
- Low Fuel Warning => Yes
- Low Washer Fluid Warning => Yes
- Number of Cup Holders => Front and rear cup holders
- Outside Temperature Gauge => Yes
- Rear Center Armrest => Rear folding center armrest
- Seat Trim => Cloth seats
- Tachometer => Yes
- Water Temperature Gauge => Yes
- Drivetrain => Front-wheel drive
- Engine Name => 2.5L L4 DOHC 16-valve
- Stability Control => Yes
- Traction Control => Yes
- Transmission => 6-speed automatic transmission with manual mode
SUSPENSION AND STEERING
- Front Anti-Roll Bar => Front stabilizer bar
- Front Suspension => Front independent suspension
- Front Tires => P225/65R17
- Power Steering => Electric Power Steering
- Rear Anti-Roll Bar => Rear stabilizer bar
- Rear Suspension => Rear independent suspension
- Spare Tire => Full-size spare tire
- Turning Circle => 10.6-meter turning circle diameter
- Wheel Type => 17” steel wheels
CONCLUSION ON TOYOTA RAV4
The RAV4 LE’s seats are fabric, while the RAV4 XLE’s sportier seats have a higher-quality fabric, bolstering, and French binding on the edges. This alone is a convincing argument to go for the XLE over the LE.