Toyota RAV4 2008 offers seating for seven, cargo capacity comparable to some mid-size SUVs, and V6 performance near the top of its class. The 2008 Toyota RAV4 can tow 3500 pounds when properly equipped, and buyers have the choice of front-wheel drive or four-wheel drive. the RAV4 comes standard with a long list of safety equipment.
The available 269-horsepower V6 tops most of the 2008 Toyota RAV4’s competitors. It’s more than the RAV4 needs, but it allows the Toyota RAV4 to really accelerate while carrying as many as seven people and all their associated stuff. Yet the RAV4’s fuel efficiency remains comparable with some less powerful four- and six-cylinder SUVs. The base Toyota RAV4 seats five and offers a more frugal four-cylinder power.
Style-wise, the Toyota RAV4 looks like other contemporary Toyotas, featuring an aerodynamically efficient ovoid profile strategically relieved by sharp character lines.
Only small details have changed for 2008. Most significantly, an engine immobilizer is now standard on the Limited grade and optional on other models.
The 2008 Toyota RAV4 is a four-door, lightweight sports utility vehicle (SUV) offered in three trim levels: base ($21,250), Sport ($22,825) and Limited ($23,505). You get front-wheel drive for these prices; a 2.4-liter, 166-horsepower inline-4; and a four-speed automatic transmission. Both V6 RAV4s equipped with DAC (Downhill Assist Control) and Hill-start Assist Control (HAC).
With a 3.5-liter, 269-hp V6 and five-speed automatic transmission, all three trim levels are available, and MSRPs are as follows when equipped: base ($23,285), sport ($24,740), and limited ($25,420). For full-time all-wheel drive ($1,400), each of these is available.
Standard features on all RAV4s comprise air conditioning, cruise control, six-speaker AM/FM/CD stereo, MP3/WMA functionality, and auxiliary input jack; automatic windows; power folding mirrors; keyless remote locking; 60/40 split second-row manual recline and for-and-aft adjustable seats; tilt-and-telescope steering wheel; three 12-volt power outlets; rear privacy glass; and auto-off headlights. On steel wheels with hubcaps, the base four-cylinder RAV4 has P215/70R16 tires. On sleek steel wheels, the V6 is fitted with P225/65R17 tires. Both models come with a spare full-size tire.
A handling-tuned suspension and P235/55R18 tires on alloy wheels, plus fog lamps, a cross-bar roof rack, heated exterior mirrors, color-keyed trim outside and special charcoal fabric inside are fitted to the RAV4 Sport. Options are evolving to include a nine-speaker JBL premium stereo, a six-CD changer, XM satellite radio, Bluetooth, steering wheel controls and a power tilt-and-slide glass sunroof, but the Sport does not offer a third-row seat.
Dual-zone automatic climate regulation, luxury fabric upholstery, power-adjustable driver seat, six-CD changer, leather-wrapped audio control steering wheel, leather-wrapped shift knob, cargo area net, full-hard spare tire cover, new engine immobilizer, and other features are updated to the Limited edition. Outside, on six-spoke alloy wheels, Limited is characterized by a chrome grille and P225/65R17 tires; and a full, hard-shell spare tire cover. The third-row seat, leather upholstery, heated front seats and the same JBL stereo and sunroof available at Sport are alternatives. Just the Limited V6 is available with a rear-seat entertainment system.
On all RAV4s, safety measures include dual-stage front airbags, rear-impact airbags and side curtain airbags, Secure infant safety seat anchors, brake assist and electronic brake force distribution (EBD) antilock braking (ABS), electronic stability control (VSC), traction control (TRAC), and a tire pressure monitor.
- Clock => Digital clock.
- Door Ajar Warning => Yes.
- Door Trim => Cloth door trim.
- Floor Covering => Carpet floor covering.
- Floor Mats => Front and rear floor mats.
- Folding Rear Seats => 60/40-split folding rear bench seat.
- Front Center Armrest => Front center armrest with storage.
- Front Seats => Driver’s headrest manual up/down and tilt adjust & Height-adjustable driver’s seat.
- Low Fuel Warning => Yes.
- Low Washer Fluid Warning => Yes.
- Luxury Dashboard Trim => Silver accented interior trim.
- Number of Cup Holders => Front and rear cupholders.
- Oil Pressure Gauge => Yes.
- Outside Temperature Gauge => Outside temperature display.
- Seat Trim => Cloth seats.
- Special Feature => Rear under seat storage.
- Tachometer => Yes.
- Water Temperature Gauge => Yes.
- Bumper Color => Body-color bumpers.
- Door Handles => Black door handles.
- Exterior Mirror Color => Body-color exterior mirrors.
- Headlight Type => Halogen headlamps.
- Headlights => Auto headlamps cancel system.
- Heated Exterior Mirrors => Available.
- Mudguard => Body-color front and rear mud guards.
- Power Exterior Mirrors => Yes.
- Rear Spoiler => Body-color rear spoiler.
- Rear Window Defroster => Yes.
- Tinted Glass => Yes.
- Drivetrain => All-wheel drive.
- Engine => 2.4L L4 DOHC 16-valve.
- Stability Control => Yes.
- Traction Control => Yes.
- Transmission => 4-speed automatic transmission.
SUSPENSION AND STEERING
- Front Suspension => Front independent suspension.
- Front Tires => P225/65R17.
- Power Steering => Electric power assisted rack-and-pinion steering.
- Rear Suspension => Rear independent suspension.
- Spare Tire => Full-size spare tire.
- Wheel Type => 17” Steel wheels.
- Anti-Lock Brakes => Anti-lock brakes.
- Brake Assist => Available.
- Brake Type => 4-wheel disc.
- Child Seat Anchor => Available.
- Child-proof Locks => Child security rear door locks.
- Driver Airbag => Driver side front airbag.
- Electronic brake force distribution => Available.
- Front Seat Belts => Height adjustable, pre-tensioner.
- Ignition Disable => Anti-theft engine immobilizer.
- Passenger Airbag => Passenger-side front airbag.
- Rear Seat Belts => Center 3-point.
- Roof Side Curtain => Side-curtain airbags.
- Side Airbag => Front side airbags.