After a major revamp for 2006, the 2007 RAV4 was dramatically upgraded in terms of protection. Driver and front passenger seat-mounted, side-impact airbags are also standard features, as are roll-sensing side-curtain airbags for first and second-row seats. The two systems were extra-cost solutions last year. Electronic entertainment options have been modified as well.
The latest redesign resolved the public purchasing need for power and capacity among compact SUVs. RAV4’s length expanded by 14 inches, providing more headroom and legroom for second-row passengers, and increasing the shoulder room all over. The cargo volume rose by five cubic feet. The RAV4 base still holds five seats and provides a more frugal four-cylinder power, but a third-row seat (which folds flat on the cargo floor) and a robust V6 are available.
With these updates, the RAV4 has already kept up with its rivals. Its 3.5-liter V6 produces 269 horsepower, almost too much for the kit, although it contributes considerably to the RAV4 capability. A V6 RAV4 can hold as many as seven people and tow up to 3500 pounds, Also the four-wheel drive is more powerful than ever, and consumers also have the option of front-wheel drive or four-wheel drive.
Outside, this new RAV4 is clean, less shiny, with less trendy tricks than the previous versions. The same cannot be said for the interior.
The 2007 Toyota RAV4 is a four-door, compact sports utility vehicle (SUV), offered in three trim levels: base ($20,850), Sport ($22,425) and Limited ($23,150). You get the front-wheel drive, a 2.4-liter, 166-horsepower and a four-speed automatic transmission for those prices. Each model has more improvements added to it.
Standard features for all Toyota RAV4 include air conditioning, cruise control, AM/FM/CD stereo with six speakers, power windows, keyless-remote locking, manually adjustable passenger seats, tilt-and-telescope steering wheel and auto-off headlamps. The base four-cylinder RAV4 has P215/70R16 tires on steel wheels with hubcaps. The V6 is upgraded with P225/65R17 tires on styled steel wheels. All models come with a full-sized spare.
Restricted model updates with dual-zone automatic climate control; six-CD switch with auxiliary input jack; power-adjustable driver’s seat; heated exterior mirrors; leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob; rear privacy glass; cargo cover and other facilities. Outside, Limited is characterized by a chrome grille; fog lamps; P225/65R17 tires on alloy wheels; and a full, pretty tough spare tire cover. Features include a third-row seat, a heated leather seat and a stereo JBL. The rear-seat entertainment system is only available on the Limited V6.
Safety features on all RAV4s include dual-stage front airbags, rear-impact airbags and side curtain airbags, LATCH child safety seat chains, ABS with brake assist (BA) and electronic brake power distribution (EBD), electronic stability control (VSC) and traction control (TRAC).
- Door Handles => Black door handles.
- Exterior Mirror Color => Body-color exterior mirrors.
- Fender Flares => Black fender flares.
- Grille => Black grille.
- Headlight Type => Halogen headlamps.
- Headlights Auto Off => Auto-off headlamps.
- Heated Exterior Mirrors => Yes.
- Mudguard => Front and rear mud guards – available.
- Power Exterior Mirrors => Yes.
- Rear Window Defroster => Yes.
- Roof Rack => Yes.
- Side-Body Trim => Body-color side moldings.
- Tinted Glass => Yes.
- Clock => Digital clock.
- Door Trim => Cloth door trim.
- Floor Console => Yes.
- Floor Covering => Carpet floor covering.
- Floor Mats => Front and rear floor mats.
- Folding Rear Seats => 60/40 rear split folding bench.
- Front Center Armrest => Front armrest with storage.
- Front Seats => Seat Height adjustable.
- Front Seat Type => Front bucket seats.
- Headliner => Cloth headliner.
- Instrumentation Type => Analog instrumentation.
- Number of Cup Holders => Front and rear cup holders.
- Outside Temperature Gauge => Outside temperature display.
- Overhead Console => Overhead console with sunglasses holder.
- Seat Trim => Cloth seats.
- Tachometer => Yes.
- Trip Computer => Yes.
- Water Temperature Gauge => Coolant temperature gauge.
- Drive Train => All-wheel drive.
- Engine Type => 2.4L L4 DOHC 16-valve.
- Stability Control => Yes.
- Traction Control => Yes.
- Transmission => 4 speed automatic transmission.
SUSPENSION AND STEERING
- Front Anti-Roll Bar => Front stabilizer bar.
- Front Suspension => Front independent suspension.
- Front Tires => P225/65R17.
- Power Steering => Electric power assisted rack-and-pinion steering.
- Rear Suspension => Rear independent suspension.
- Spare Tire => Full size spare tire.
- Wheel Type => 17” steel wheels.
- Anti-Lock Brakes => Available.
- Anti-Theft Alarm => Available.
- Brake Assist => Available.
- Brake Type => 4-wheel disc.
- Child-proof Locks => Non-Available.
- Driver Airbag => Driver side front airbag.
- Electronic brake force distribution => Available.
- Front Seat Belts => Height adjustable, pre-tensioner.
- Ignition Disable => Engine immobilizer.
- Passenger Airbag => Passenger side front airbag.
- Rear Seat Belts => Center 3-point.
- Side Airbag => Side airbags.